In agriculture, marketing is the process of selling agricultural products and/or services to consumers and hopefully make a profit. This is generally done through innovative advertisement and promotions. If you plan to directly market your products, it is a good idea to come up with a plan to advertise what you have for sale. Some ways to advertise your products include:
1. Flyers are an inexpensive way to promote your products. Flyers can be distributed door to door in targeted neighborhood and / or at local businesses. They can advertise your specific products and provide contact information and directions to your agribusiness.
2. Newsprint can provide readers in your local community with information about your agricultural operation and advertise what you have to sell.
3. Radio provides a means to inform a local listening audience about products available for sale. It is an excellent means of promoting agricultural goods and services.
4. Internet provides another means to display your goods and services to the general public. Your website can provide a list of goods of services, pictures related to your agribusiness, contact information and pricing information. Items can even be purchased directly from the site. Remember, it is very important for you to keep your website up-to-date if you want individuals to continue coming back to it.
5. Word of Mouth is one of the most efficient ways to promote your agribusiness. It goes hand in hand with your business reputation and can be very positive it customers are recommending you to other customers.
6. Promotional Items such as pencils and pens can be a relatively inexpensive way to promote your products. However, as promotional items become more complex with items such as shirts and caps, the price of these advertisement tools can become somewhat expensive.
7. Social Media is also a very low cost way to interact with consumers. You can communicate with them in real time and display pictures of your operation products you have for sale. The largest expense you would have invested is time.
Remember that advertising is a form of communication and is a valuable component of marketing. If done correctly, it can help to persuade or encourage a potential customer to purchase your agricultural goods or services since we ultimately want to make a profit in our agribusinesses.
Visit us online at www.pvamu.edu/cahs